What’s new at BEACON?
- Programmer/developer job opening for Avida-ED project. See http://avida-ed.msu.edu for details.
- New issue of the BEACON Buzz available!
- Postdoc position offered on the Avida-ED digital evolution education project
- MSU announces search for John R. Koza Endowed Chair in Genetic Programming
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- Know Your Opponents February 17, 2015
- Scrupulosity January 13, 2015
- But Temporary and Partial Comfort is not Alliterative! (and sells less well) December 2, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution diversity Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genetics genomics High school host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: BEACON Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellow
This year, BEACON was fortunate to be able to appoint TWO new Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellows. Meet Chandra Jack and Will Soto! Chandra Jack Chandra started working in the Strassmann-Queller lab at Rice University as an undergraduate in the summer after … Continue reading
BEACON is once again accepting applications for the Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellows Program. BEACON is an NSF Science and Technology Center headquartered at Michigan State University with partners at North Carolina A&T State University, University of Idaho, University of Texas at … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce that Joshua Nahum is the first recipient of the BEACON Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship. He will be co-sponsored by Rich Lenski and Charles Ofria. First, a little about Josh’s unusual background. Since early grade school, Josh … Continue reading