What’s new at BEACON?
- The 1st Annual UT Summer School for Big Data in Biology will take place May 19-22. Register now!
- UT Austin is hosting the 2nd Annual Symposium in Big Data in Biology (BDiB). Free for BEACON members!
- Lots of BEACON Friday seminars are now available on our YouTube channel!
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- Extinction Level Events August 24, 2014
- Depictions of mental illness in pop culture: a comparative case study of The Tick vs. The Maxx June 25, 2014
- A Grievous Oversight (x2!) June 20, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution chemical communication climate change Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genomics host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing sexual selection speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: Robotic Fish
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by Michigan State University graduate student Jared Moore(@j_redmmoore). If you had asked me during my undergrad years what a computer scientist did, I’m not sure I would’ve been able to give you … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by MSU graduate student Jianxun Wang. Have you ever imagined that you could swim with robotic fish someday? This may happen in the near future. More surprisingly, these robots would be capable … Continue reading
NESCent‘s Robin Smith was a guest speaker at BEACON’s annual Congress in August. While she was here, Robin learned about all the great interdisciplinary BEACON projects involving Xiaobo Tan’s robotic fish. In landlocked East Lansing, Michigan, you’re unlikely to swim … Continue reading