What’s new at BEACON?
- The 1st Annual UT Summer School for Big Data in Biology will take place May 19-22. Register now!
- UT Austin is hosting the 2nd Annual Symposium in Big Data in Biology (BDiB). Free for BEACON members!
- Lots of BEACON Friday seminars are now available on our YouTube channel!
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- Depictions of mental illness in pop culture: a comparative case study of The Tick vs. The Maxx June 25, 2014
- A Grievous Oversight (x2!) June 20, 2014
- Aaaaaaahh. . . June 15, 2014
TagsArt and Evolution artificial intelligence Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution chemical communication Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genomics host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice modeling Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing sexual selection sexual signaling speciation sticklebacks video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: horizontal gene transfer
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by MSU graduate student Rohan Maddamsetti. In his treatise on love, Symposium, Plato tells a myth of a time when men and women were one. People used to have one head … Continue reading