What’s new at BEACON?
- The 1st Annual UT Summer School for Big Data in Biology will take place May 19-22. Register now!
- UT Austin is hosting the 2nd Annual Symposium in Big Data in Biology (BDiB). Free for BEACON members!
- Lots of BEACON Friday seminars are now available on our YouTube channel!
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- An opportunity to cooperate October 19, 2014
- Being Wrong is a Good Thing (as long as we learn from it) September 27, 2014
- Episode 68: Book Review of ‘The Man from Mars’ September 22, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution diversity Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genetics genomics High school host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: Education
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by University of Texas at Austin faculty Andy Ellington. Evolution in Action. That’s the BEACON motto. It always struck me as a bit wishful. Because evolution is mostly glacial. Sure, it … Continue reading
BEACON Researchers at Work: Discussing evolution is fruitful: Or, Why I don’t shut up about evolution
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by MSU graduate student Emily Weigel. As a woman raised in the South, and now returning to it as I finish my dissertation, I am reminded of a gem I have … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by University of Texas graduate student Laura Crothers. I used to have a little sticker in my office that said I ❤ evolution. “You can’t love evolution,” my co-worker once told … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by University of Texas postdoc Gwen Stovall. The Student Connection So, maybe the students didn’t have a good idea of “evolution” in the beginning. As far as they knew, they were unable … Continue reading