What’s new at BEACON?
- The 1st Annual UT Summer School for Big Data in Biology will take place May 19-22. Register now!
- UT Austin is hosting the 2nd Annual Symposium in Big Data in Biology (BDiB). Free for BEACON members!
- Lots of BEACON Friday seminars are now available on our YouTube channel!
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- Extinction Level Events August 24, 2014
- Depictions of mental illness in pop culture: a comparative case study of The Tick vs. The Maxx June 25, 2014
- A Grievous Oversight (x2!) June 20, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution chemical communication climate change Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genomics host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing sexual selection speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: diversity
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by NC A&T faculty member Scott Harrison. A practical challenge in genomic studies has been for students to conceive of different outcomes concerning variation, and to test these outcomes against data … Continue reading
BEACON’s summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program is a 10-week intensive residential program targeting the recruitment of underrepresented students to conduct research with a faculty mentors. This past summer, BEACON funded sixty-seven students across the partner schools at six … Continue reading
The annual BEACON Congress took place this week at Michigan State University. In addition to talks and posters about ongoing research and education progress, one of the most important kinds of sessions held at BEACON Congresses are “Sandbox Sessions.” Each … Continue reading