What’s new at BEACON?
- The 1st Annual UT Summer School for Big Data in Biology will take place May 19-22. Register now!
- UT Austin is hosting the 2nd Annual Symposium in Big Data in Biology (BDiB). Free for BEACON members!
- Lots of BEACON Friday seminars are now available on our YouTube channel!
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- An opportunity to cooperate October 19, 2014
- Being Wrong is a Good Thing (as long as we learn from it) September 27, 2014
- Episode 68: Book Review of ‘The Man from Mars’ September 22, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution diversity Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genetics genomics High school host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: disease
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by MSU postdoc Aditi Gupta. It all started in 1981. A few patients suffering from unusual opportunistic infections, that immune system normally easily takes care of, walked into doctors’ offices and nobody … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by MSU graduate student Katy Califf. I’m generally interested in how genetic diversity and behavior influence each other in wild populations of mammals, particularly in the realm of disease ecology. More … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by University of Idaho graduate student Daniel Beck. I am interested in microbial communities for a number of reasons. First, microbial communities are found nearly everywhere, from soil to the surfaces … Continue reading