What’s new at BEACON?
- Programmer/developer job opening for Avida-ED project. See http://avida-ed.msu.edu for details.
- New issue of the BEACON Buzz available!
- Postdoc position offered on the Avida-ED digital evolution education project
- MSU announces search for John R. Koza Endowed Chair in Genetic Programming
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- Know Your Opponents February 17, 2015
- Scrupulosity January 13, 2015
- But Temporary and Partial Comfort is not Alliterative! (and sells less well) December 2, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution diversity Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genetics genomics High school host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: directed evolution
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by University of Texas at Austin faculty Andy Ellington. Evolution in Action. That’s the BEACON motto. It always struck me as a bit wishful. Because evolution is mostly glacial. Sure, it … Continue reading
This week’s Evolution 101 blog post is by UW graduate student Bryan Bartley. Synthetic biology is a new frontier in biological research where scientists and engineers are creating living systems out of molecular chemistry. In the last half century, the … Continue reading