What’s new at BEACON?
- The 1st Annual UT Summer School for Big Data in Biology will take place May 19-22. Register now!
- UT Austin is hosting the 2nd Annual Symposium in Big Data in Biology (BDiB). Free for BEACON members!
- Lots of BEACON Friday seminars are now available on our YouTube channel!
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- Depictions of mental illness in pop culture: a comparative case study of The Tick vs. The Maxx June 25, 2014
- A Grievous Oversight (x2!) June 20, 2014
- Aaaaaaahh. . . June 15, 2014
TagsArt and Evolution artificial intelligence Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution chemical communication Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genomics host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice modeling Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing sexual selection sexual signaling speciation sticklebacks video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: Conservation Biology
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by University of Washington graduate student Bryan Bartley. Like some kind of planktonic larva, I drifted through my formative years, until I finally settled in Seattle 14 years ago. Seattle belongs to … Continue reading
Recently, MSU postdoc and BEACONite Aaron Wagner received a call from a group of third graders at Riverside Elementary School in Oneonta, New York, asking to talk with him about how to save the striped hyena. Their teacher, Mr. Ken … Continue reading