What’s new at BEACON?
- The 1st Annual UT Summer School for Big Data in Biology will take place May 19-22. Register now!
- UT Austin is hosting the 2nd Annual Symposium in Big Data in Biology (BDiB). Free for BEACON members!
- Lots of BEACON Friday seminars are now available on our YouTube channel!
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- An opportunity to cooperate October 19, 2014
- Being Wrong is a Good Thing (as long as we learn from it) September 27, 2014
- Episode 68: Book Review of ‘The Man from Mars’ September 22, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution diversity Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genetics genomics High school host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: Conservation Biology
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by University of Washington graduate student Bryan Bartley. Like some kind of planktonic larva, I drifted through my formative years, until I finally settled in Seattle 14 years ago. Seattle belongs to … Continue reading
Recently, MSU postdoc and BEACONite Aaron Wagner received a call from a group of third graders at Riverside Elementary School in Oneonta, New York, asking to talk with him about how to save the striped hyena. Their teacher, Mr. Ken … Continue reading