What’s new at BEACON?
- The 1st Annual UT Summer School for Big Data in Biology will take place May 19-22. Register now!
- UT Austin is hosting the 2nd Annual Symposium in Big Data in Biology (BDiB). Free for BEACON members!
- Lots of BEACON Friday seminars are now available on our YouTube channel!
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- Episode 68: Book Review of ‘The Man from Mars’ September 22, 2014
- Extinction Level Events August 24, 2014
- Depictions of mental illness in pop culture: a comparative case study of The Tick vs. The Maxx June 25, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution diversity Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genomics High school host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing sexual selection speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: communication
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by MSU postdoc Liliana Lettieri. “My what a red throat you have, and such a blue belly! You’ve got some impressive dance moves, and you’ve built a nice nest.” If stickleback … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by BEACON Managing Director Danielle Whittaker. The sense of smell is one we often take for granted in our own lives. However, even though we may not be conscious of it, odor … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by MSU postdoc Kevin Theis. My research, conducted in collaboration with Michigan State University and BEACON researchers Kay Holekamp, Tom Schmidt and Tracy Teal, lies at the intersection of two broad ideas … Continue reading