What’s new at BEACON?
- Programmer/developer job opening for Avida-ED project. See http://avida-ed.msu.edu for details.
- New issue of the BEACON Buzz available!
- Postdoc position offered on the Avida-ED digital evolution education project
- MSU announces search for John R. Koza Endowed Chair in Genetic Programming
BEACON is a consortium of
@BEACON on Twitter
- Know Your Opponents February 17, 2015
- Scrupulosity January 13, 2015
- But Temporary and Partial Comfort is not Alliterative! (and sells less well) December 2, 2014
Tagsantibiotic resistance Art and Evolution Avida bacteria BEACON Researchers at Work bioinformatics Biological Evolution Computer Science Cooperation development Digital Evolution diversity Drosophila E. coli ecology Education Engineering Evolution 101 evolutionary algorithms Evolutionary Applications Evolutionary Computation experimental evolution Field Biology fitness fitness landscapes genetic algorithms genetics genomics High school host-parasite coevolution hyenas Kellogg Biological Station long term evolution experiment mate choice Outreach phylogenetics plant biology predator-prey quorum sensing speciation sticklebacks Synthetic biology video Video games Viruses
Tag Archives: communication
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work blog post is by MSU postdoc Liliana Lettieri. “My what a red throat you have, and such a blue belly! You’ve got some impressive dance moves, and you’ve built a nice nest.” If stickleback … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by BEACON Managing Director Danielle Whittaker. The sense of smell is one we often take for granted in our own lives. However, even though we may not be conscious of it, odor … Continue reading
This week’s BEACON Researchers at Work post is by MSU postdoc Kevin Theis. My research, conducted in collaboration with Michigan State University and BEACON researchers Kay Holekamp, Tom Schmidt and Tracy Teal, lies at the intersection of two broad ideas … Continue reading